This is the king of all breakfasts. Ranchero sauce, crunchy tostada, refried beans, over easy egg, more ranchero and cheese. It is freaking AWESOME. A perfect Sunday morning 11:00am breakfast.
- 1 Tostada shell per person, I like El Milagro
- Ranchero Sauce (recipe below)
- Refried Beans (click for recipe)
- 1 Egg per person, cooked over easy (If you want scrambled you can do it that way I guess, geeez)
- 1/4 cup of cheese per person( I don’t measure I just grab a small handful of the Mexican cheese blend that is in the bag)
Get everything warm at the same time, cook you egg and heat your tostada last. Heat the tostadas in the toaster for about 20 seconds. MAKE SURE IT DOES NOT BURN. Put a small spoon of the ranchero sauce on your plate, top with the tostada. Then just cover the top of the tostada with refried beans. Then lay the egg on top, don’t worry if your yolk breaks that is going to happen anyways. Then another spoon of ranchero sauce, make sure it’s temp is super hot so it can melt the cheese. Top with the cheese.
Ranchero Sauce (enough for 1 meal)
- 1 large or 2 medium Tomato chopped
- 1/2 small or 1/4 medium onion chopped
- 1 small jalapeno chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 green chili fillet chopped
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- Salt to taste
In a skillet on medium high heat oil then add all the veggies. Cook until it starts to brown then add chicken stock and reduce temp to medium and boil down till it is the consistency has thickened to a nice sauce texture. Using a potato masher to break down the veggies works great to thicken sauce.